- The Water and Sewer Department provides City of Beacon residents with safe, potable water for fire protection and use.
- The Department maintains the sources of water supply, which include reservoirs and wells.
- The Department also provides unabated collection and disposal of all sanitary sewage.
- Personnel perform periodic testing and monitoring of water quality and maintain the water distribution system, including piping and fire hydrants.
- Ongoing maintenance and analysis includes keeping the pipelines and manholes clean, conducting infiltration and inflow studies, and making alterations to ease the burden of high flows during heavy rain periods.
- Water bills for City of Beacon residents are distributed quarterly during January, April, July and October.
- Payments can be mailed to the City Clerk’s office, paid in person at City Hall or left in the drop box in front of City Hall after hours. City Hall is located at 1 Municipal Plaza, Beacon, NY 12508.
- Payments are accepted in person at City Hall Monday – Friday 8:00AM to 3:30PM. Please note no payments can be accepted after 3:30PM.
- Payments can also be made at M&T Bank at 200 Main Street, Beacon.
- During November, any past due water charges not included in the October bill will be re-levied to the tax bill with additional penalties and interest.
Reading Your Water Bill
- Water bills have one of two Read Codes on them; “A” for an Actual Read or “E” for an Estimated Read.
- The Read Code is on the right side of the bill next to the usage. Please pay close attention to this.
- It is particularly important to check for any special message that might appear on the bottom of your bill.
- Should you receive an estimated bill, you must contact City Hall immediately at 845-838-5004 to have your water meter inspected.
- Final Water Bills can be requested using the Final Water Bill Request Form. This form should be submitted by the attorney handling the closing. Please call 845-838-5000 with questions.
- If you have an issue with your water bill, please call 845-838-5000.
- If you have an issue with your water service, please call 845-831-3136.
- The Wastewater Treatment Facility receives all the wastewater produced in the City of Beacon and the Dutchess Park area of Fishkill. This wastewater is treated at our activated sludge plant, producing an effluent which meets or exceeds the limits in our discharge permit.
- The Treatment Facility also accepts septage and sewer sludge from an outside hauler, which generates revenue to assist in the plant’s operation and maintenance.
Dutchess County Water and Wastewater Authority
Dutchess County Water and Wastewater Authority Rules and Regulations
- Ed Balicki, Water and Wastewater Superintendent
- 470 Liberty Street, Beacon, NY 12508
- David Tavernier, Chief Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
- 90 Dennings Avenue, Beacon, NY 12508