The City of Beacon Department of Human Resources is committed to providing leadership, guidance, and professional personnel services to all city employees, retirees and prospective hires. The Department of Human Resources is responsible for:
- Administering Civil Service as provided by NYS Civil Service Law and Dutchess County Civil Service Rules.
- Promoting harmonious labor-management relations to enhance employee morale, motivation, and productivity.
- Coordination of employee benefit programs available to active and former employees, as well as their eligible family members.
- Administration of Workers’ Compensation program for all city employees.
- Overseeing and implementing employee training programs for Federal, State, and local compliance.
- Creating a safe and healthy work environment that utilizes the full potential of our diverse workforce.
The City of Beacon is an equal opportunity workplace and committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. Please click here for the City of Beacon Diversity and Inclusion Mission Statement.
EEO POLICY STATEMENT
The City of Beacon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
The City of Beacon complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the City has facilities. his policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The City of Beacon expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the City of Beacon’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.