COMMUNITY QUARTERLY OVERVIEW
The City Council of Beacon believes our city government is made stronger through an engaged and active public. While there are already several ways for those who live and work in Beacon to provide feedback, input and inspiration for City Council, we believe that Council has a pro-active role to play in making our government more accessible and participatory.
To that end, we are hosting a series of Community Quarterlies to give a platform for Beaconites to share ideas with each other and vote through a set of priorities for City Council to address moving forward.
Each CQ will center on a question articulated by Council and have three phases:
– PART 1: Survey for Solutions – due by Monday, March 13th.
– PART 2: Public Forum – scheduled for Saturday, March 18th at the Beacon Recreation Center.
– PART 3: Community Vote – Ballots will be released following the Public Form and the voting period will last two weeks.
THE FIRST 2023 COMMUNITY QUARTERLY CENTRAL QUESTION IS: What is a Community Climate Initiative that the City should support?
– Ideas must be lead by an individual Beacon resident or Beacon-based group or organization
– Ideas must address the central question as well as offer a clear solution or proposal
– Offered solutions must be within the scope of Beacon municipal government, to the best knowledge of the submitter. Council will verify details here as needed.
– A representative for the Idea must be available to come present the idea at the Public Forum on SAT, MAR 18 10AM-12PM | Recreation Center (23 W Center St)
– The ballot must be submitted by Wednesday, April 12th, by filling out this Google Form OR in-person to Ben Swanson at Beacon City Hall | 1 Municipal Plaza
Paper copies of the ballot are available to print HERE and are also available for pick-up at the following locations during regular operating hours:
1) City Hall | 1 Municipal Plaza
2) Beacon Rec Center | 23 West Center St
3) Howland Public Library | 313 Main St
BCQ1 - Flyer 04122023