The Transfer Station provides City of Beacon residents with a drop-off facility for garbage, recyclables and yard waste. Residents can also pick up free compost and mulch for their gardens.
Some items have a minimal drop-off fee. The Transfer Station accepts personal checks for all fees.
Transfer Station coupons and information about the City’s Free Dump Program are available at the City Clerk’s office.
Beacon residents who are current on their taxes can drop off up to 250 pounds to the Transfer Station between the 3rd Saturday in May and the 3rd Saturday in September. Please be sure to provide proof of address.
Items accepted at the Transfer Station include:
- Appliances (Freon and non-Freon)
- Car batteries
- Cardboard — corrugated, paperboard, etc. (e.g. cereal boxes)
- Construction and demolition debris
- Furniture and household furnishings
- Metal, scrap (minimal fee)
- Newsprint, office paper, junk mail, magazines, catalogs
- Wood waste
- Yard waste (grass clippings may be dumped at no charge)